It’s a busy time of year. Shops are hustling and bustling as folks prepare for upcoming holidays. With all of the festivities, local stores are participating in the cheer. If you want to celebrate and simultaneously support local business, this is the shopping list for you.
Harvard Square is a hub of shops and restaurants. Just a short walk from Irving House, this is a great place to get started on your holiday gift buying. Here are some of our favorite shops.
- Cabot’s Candy: With its first location in Provincetown, MA, Cabot’s candy recently joined Harvard Square with a second location. Yummy treats of fudge and taffy with flavors galore are the perfect treat for your friend or family with a sweet tooth.
- Cardullo’s Gourmet Shop: If you’re shopping for a foody, this is a good place to go. You can grab a delicious sandwich while you browse wine, gift baskets, and snacks.
- Have a fashionista on your list? Goorin Bros. Hat Shop has an eclectic selection of hats and caps.
- Grolier Poetry Bookshop is one of a few bookshops in Harvard Square, but is specifically geared toward poetry.
- Shopping for children? It’s easy to go the route of quick toys that are easily forgotten. For something a bit more memorable, The World’s Only Curious George Store is full of collectible Curious George items.
Outside of Harvard Square, there’s shops here and there worth the drive, walk, or T ride to visit.
- Cambridge Naturals a long time spot for natural wellness products and a great spot to purchase self care gifts. It is located in Porter Square.
- If you need a bouquet for your host or want to buy for a plant parent, Central Square Florist has a beautiful selection and helpful staff.
- Hilton’s Tent City is fairly new to Cambridge but has a great selection for outdoor enthusiasts.