Hello Dear Virtual Visitors!
Strange new problem: some cell phones cannot reach us at the main number.
We discovered that we had to reset our network settings. So if you get a fast busy signal, please try that on you own phone. 617-547-4600 is working, we are available to answer it 24/7~
ALSO: If you want to stay with us at ThanksGiving, make your reservation here.
We will buy a pie for you, either a real one or a virtual one (for a Community Servings' client).
Welcome to our site. We are pleased you have come and hope that if you make a reservation you do it here on this site, or by phone or email (NOT through another site). This saves us money and allows you more flexibility in your reservation.
So many states, including Massachusetts, are experiencing a sharp rise in COVID cases there is no point in identifying those anyone might consider ‘safe’ so we will no longer try. Until there is a comprehensive national plan with full support and co-ordination of all of our national resources, we will each need to take personal responsibility for our health and the health of each person we are near.
While the broadly used message has regularly included the term ‘social distancing’ we at Irving House prefer to use the term ‘physical distancing.’ We want to stay socially connected. This is why you might wish to actually visit Cambridge from wherever you are. Eye contact, smiles big enough to show above your mask are just two ways we can stay socially connected.
But here is information for travelers to Massachusetts, and the latest news on our COVID status:
Our top priority is the health and safety of our guests. Mask wearing and physical distancing rules apply everywhere at Irving House at Harvard. Massachusetts has lots of visitors and every guest coming to Irving House must follow the rules for the safety of all of us.
The measures we are taking:
- Limited occupancy: only rooms with private baths are available to let
- Mask required by all guests and staff when in common areas
- All common area touch points are cleaned 3x daily with ProLink D3 or HyperFect RTU.
- Air handlers on each floor blow air past ionizers that kill viruses and other microbes.
- All linens are washed in hot water with disinfecting detergent.
- Guests return keys to a basket that our front desk staff empties periodically to disinfect the keys with Clorox disinfecting wipes.
- Pens used to sign credit card slips are put in a separate cup for front desk staff to clean with Clorox disinfecting wipes before returning to another cup for guest use.
- Staff practice physical distancing protocols
- Outdoor spaces are open. We ask guests practice physical distancing.
- Our breakfast service is now in the dining room, with spaced seating. Guests are invited to take it to our front porches, the parlor or their rooms.
- The breakfast is a much simpler buffet with everything individually wrapped, such as fruit and muffins. Coffee is available in disposable cups.
- While we are not serving our full breakfast menu, some of our guests are finding great breakfasts in nearby restaurants. We fully support this as we want our local community to continue to be a lively, busy, delicious place to visit. Our staff can recommend several places within an easy walk from our front door.
Our Cancellation Policy
- Our cancellation policy is very flexible, especially for guests booking directly with us: They may cancel or change their reservations on day of arrival without penalty.
- Those who book through third parties may still cancel until day before arrival.
In The Area
- There is an urgent care center in Inman Square, about a 10 minute walk from our front door.
- Within just two blocks, there are stores that provide groceries and prepared foods. There are two local pharmacies nearby as well.
- The City of Cambridge has established Shared Streets to allow bikers and pedestrians to use the streets as well as sidewalks while keeping distant from each other. This means that cars must travel slowly and carefully down these streets. This is working all over. In this good weather, we are all ready to be outside and moving around. Even from six feet apart we can make eye contact and put a big enough smile on our faces that it shines beyond our masks.
- Outdoor AND Indoor dining is also possible now! We hope you will come and enjoy your favorite restaurants once again.
Keep it up Cambridge residents and visitors! We can stay safe and get through this---
We look forward to seeing you in Our Fair City soon!
#realbnbs #bookdirect #bestbreakfasts #bookdirectandsave#savebookdirect #breakfast #openforbusiness #staycation2020#bnbstaycation #stillinnbusiness #tourismstrong #wemissyou#beourguest #hospitalitystrong