Dear Colleagues, Guests, and Friends,
- We will staff the front desk still to handle the flow of bookings and cancellations.
- There will be no food service starting Saturday 3/21. We do not know when we will resume food service.
- We will have some maintenance and housekeeping staff present to maintain cleanliness and safety of the house.
- All staff who are being furloughed will be paid 2/3 of their time. We will be paying our staff out of our own resources unless and until the federal and state governments make clear that there is a path for workers to get unemployment funds to carry them through this time
- It is possible that the Greater Boston metropolitan area will be given a shelter-in-place order. If we get a notice that we must shut down, we will notify all reserved guests of this, and we will post a notice here.
- So far, we have gotten no guidance from state or city officials about whether hotels are considered essential businesses, but we are checking regularly to know, and have signed up for alerts on this matter.
- I am asking all of you who have paid for bookings with us to be patient while we slow the outflow of funds to be able to keep ourselves going.
We hope that the good will we have built with our guests, our vendors, our staff and our community will withstand this test of all of us. Please be kind to others and to yourselves.